An Update On Summer Camp 2020

As you may already have heard, the group size restriction of maximum 15 people has been extended until the end of August. A direct result of this is that camp must be cancelled this summer. Even to write those words causes us much grief and yet we believe the government has made the right decision. We fully support our government and health care leaders in their decision to keep people from gathering in groups. We are all indebted to front-line health care and other essential workers and we do not want to do anything to hinder efforts to bring the COVID-19 Pandemic to an end.
Still, we are heartbroken. Like our campers, we live for summer camp. We plan and pray all year so we can offer two amazing months of adventure, fun and community to hundreds of children, teens and young adults. We love seeing them discover so many things about themselves, others and, most importantly, God. We know camp is one of the best ways for young people to figure out their gifts and skills in the company of good friends and caring leaders.
This will be the first time in 43 years that we have not run camp and we are going to miss everyone in more ways than we can express. But we aren’t without hope. Camp staff are resilient, love challenges and are used to figuring out Plan B when Plan A seems suddenly impossible.
We hope you’ve found the [email protected] page on our website. We will be hosting virtual games, campfires and other activities for campers to enjoy in the coming weeks and months. We’ll find more ways to stay connected and we hope you’ll reach out to us as often as you are able. We know many of you are also facing significant struggles – we are praying for you regularly.
In view of cancelling camp, we have several options for you to choose from for your camp fees:
Defer Fees to 2021 – You may leave your fees with us to be used for camp in summer 2021.
Full Refund – If you would like a refund, please let us know by replying to this email. In order to manage our finances in this period, we will be issuing refunds in June with the first batch being processed on June 1 and continuing weekly until all requests have been met.
Donation – If you are able to turn your registration fees into a full or partial donation, which would be a significant help to us in this very difficult season. We are committed to opening camp next year, God willing.
Please email the Ranch office at [email protected] to let us know what you want us to do with your camp fees, we are waiting to receive your instruction before proceeding.
Camp is all about gathering in community and supporting one another like family. We will be together again. In the meantime, please don’t hesitate to reach out to let us know how you are doing. We are holding you in our prayers.
For more information about our response to these closures, please click here.

With gratitude,

Kevin and Cynthia Perry, Ranch Directors

Related posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *